Are you ready to install Kodi 17.5 Update on your firestick, PC, Android or Rasberry Pi? Then let’s get in the process on how to install Kodi 17.5 Update. The XBMC Foundation has recently released an Update to the older version of Kodi 17.4 Krypton by fixing all the bugs and named it as Kodi 17.5. The latest Update is not limited to fixing the bugs with the older version but major Improvements were done to give Kodi 17.5 a boost. So in this guide, you can learn How to install Kodi 17.5 Update on any of your devices like Firestick, PC, Android and Rasberry Pi.
Whats New on Kodi 17.5
I hope you are very much fascinated to see the Updated feature of Kodi 17.5. Here is a list of all bug fixes and Improvements made on the latest version of Kodi 17.5
- Fixed playback of DVD files over Network on Linux
- More Robust way to handle audio outputs on variety of Android Devices
- Fix Up and down buttons on IR remotes using MacOS High Sierra
- Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
- Fixed accelerometers preventing screensaver for Joystick
- Added latest Apple devices to allow retina support
- Power message handling for CEC
- Fix not been able to add content manually to video library
- Fixed Jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide Window
So these are the major Fixes and Improvements done to the latest version of Kodi 17.5. So why to delay, install Kodi 17.5 and enjoy the streaming experience with no bugs and latest improvements.
Also Read: Best Kodi addons for movies – Updated List for October 2017
How to Install Kodi 17.5 Update
If you are installing the latest version of Kodi 17.5 Update, one needs to keep in mind that your older version of it will not be erased. If you are using Kodi on your android device, you can Update it by Visiting Google Play Store. If you are using PC, Mac, Rasberry Pi, follow these instructions on how on how to update Kodi 17.4 Krypton to 17.5
- First Download Kodi from Here
- From there, Choose your Type of ‘Operating system’.
- A pop up appears showing you the available versions based on your OS. Now choose Recommended.
- Click on Blue button next to release
- The Kodi 17.5 version will now begin to download.
- Once the download has been completed, you need to open it in order to start the installation process.
- This way you can install the latest version of Kodi 17.5 on your PC, Mac, Raspberry Pi, and Windows.
How to Install Kodi 17.5 on Firestick
If you are using Kodi app on your Amazon firestick/firetv, follow this step by step procedure to install Kodi 17.5 Update.
- Go to ‘Setting‘ on your Amazon firetv/firestick Home screen -> Click on ‘System‘ -> Choose ‘Developer Options‘.
- Turn on “Allow apps from unknown sources“
- From the Amazon Firestick main menu, go to ‘search’
- Type ‘ES Explorer’
- Click on ‘ES Explorer’ app to download and install it
- Launch the ‘ES Explorer’ app
- Now from the ES Explorer menu go to tools -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand Menu
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom Menu
- In the path Enter http://bit.ly/2i2WUdA and click ‘OK’
- For ‘Name’ enter ‘Kodi’ and select ‘Download Now‘
- The Kodi 17.5 installation will now begin to download
- Once the apk file is downloaded, Click on Open File to install it on your firestick
- Go to your firestick home screen
- Launch the latest version of Kodi 17.5 app on your firestick
This way you can Install Kodi 17.5 Update on any device ranging from Firestick to Raspberry Pi.